Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cheer Next Year


As I was looking over my blog I noticed how I just been focusing on dance and not so much about cheerleading. The reason I have not been talking so much about cheerleading is because right now I don’t have time to be a cheerleader but I still teach it. The reason why I stopped cheering in the beginning of this semester is because the team I was on was far upstate. It was 2 hours away in Poughkeepsie the team was called “Cheer Jamz” they were an excellent team.

Thinking about it makes me upset because it makes me realize how much I miss cheerleading. The reason I had to quit that team is because it was such a big commitment that I was not able to commit to. It was not far to them if I was not going to be a dedicated cheerleader because since it was so far sometimes it would be hard for me to get there if there was traffic. Also the practice was from 6:00 to 9:00 so I would have to leave my house at 4:00 and pray that I would not hit traffic. Then since practice ended at 9:00 I wouldn’t get home until 11:00 and it was on a Sunday night so it was hard since I had 8:00 class the next morning. It was just to much for me and I really couldn’t commit to it even though when I first started I thought it wouldn’t be a problem. I was on that team for a month and I made a lot of friends they were all very nice. When I told them I couldn’t come back they all were very upset with me. I tried to explain to them that I wish I could but the distance was the problem so they understood and I still speak to some of them still. Next year I am going to look for a good cheerleading team some where closer because I know that I miss it so much and don’t want to stop.

No comments: