Friday, April 4, 2008

My Role Model


There was a time that my solo practices were the only thing that made me happy and helped me get through my day. I made sure all my homework and studying was done as soon as possible so that I could get to my practice. Michelle, my dance teacher, and I grew such a close relationship that she even asked me if I wanted to assist a few of her classes. I couldn’t be happier. I loved her and I never wanted to leave. She told me that if I assisted her, I would not have to pay for my solo practices. My parents were very happy when I told them that and ever since then Michelle was my role model. Not only was she a great, caring person but also beautiful dancer and an excellent teacher.

I learned so much from her and I will never forget anything she taught me. She made me into the great dancer I am today. She gave me hope when I felt like giving up and she was always there to help me get through it all. Before I performed at competitions she would be behind stage telling me that I will do great and stop being so nervous. I never looked at Michelle as just my dance teacher, I always considered her as my close friend. Whenever we would go to auditions or anywhere we went, people used to ask if I was her daughter or her sister. She calls me her mini me because she use to always tell me how much I reminded her of when she was younger.

Michelle moved to California a few years back, but till this day we still keep in contact. The friendship that we made would last forever no matter the distance. I feel as if she is still living here but I can not see her. We call each other almost everyday and if not I speak to her through email. Michelle still comes to New York to visit since she has family and friends that live here. There are many times that she surprises me and I always get so excited to see her. When she’s in New York we always go to our favorite pizzeria and it brings back so many great memories.

We always have the best time together but when she has to go back home it is always hard to say goodbye. She is always there for me when I need to let my anger out. After listening to all my problems she gives me the best advice. I know that whenever I am having a bad day she is the one person I can turn to.

No comments: