Sunday, March 30, 2008

Time Fly's When Your Having Fun

The day that I was looking forward to most was finally here. My first practice solo was right after school I really couldn’t wait. That whole day in school all I could think about was me running to my dance studio and learning my solo. That day of school felt like forever, when it was finally time to be dismissed I ran home quickly to put my dance clothes on and ran to my dance studio. I made sure I got there exactly on time. My teacher Michelle was happy to see me. She then played the song that she picked. I never heard of it before but I fell in love with it and couldn’t wait to learn the dance.

We then started to stretch and we spoke about what custom she was picturing me in for this dance. After she finished stretching me she taught me some of the dance, I absolutely loved it. Michelle new that I was good in gymnastics so she taught me a back handspring so that she could put it into the dance. I had such a good time and I loved every minute of it. Learning one on one with her was the best experience I ever had. I loved having the teacher’s undivided attention because you learn so much more that way. The practice was an hour I couldn’t believe how fast the time flew. Before I new it practices was over, I did not want to leave. Before I left she told me what a great job I did. Michelle also told me to go home and practice it so that I didn’t forget it. I told her how much fun I had and how I loved it already. I really couldn’t wait until my next solo practice.

No comments: