Thursday, February 14, 2008

School Work Comes First

Being in dancing school was my life! My mother knew that I loved going to dance but she would always tell me that school comes first. She would constantly remind me the importance of school. When I was in elementary school she would scare me and tell me that if my grades weren't good then she would pull me out of dance. Remembering back, I now appreciate her being so strict with me about my school work because in my highschool if you didn't pass a class, they would exclude you from joining any clubs or teams.

In a way it was really good that she did this because it showed me that I have to keep up my good grades if I wanted to continue dancing, or doing any other activites which I enjoyed. She would tell me when I got out of school to get my homework and studying done first, and then she would take me to my dance studio. I used to get so excited and run home to get my homework done. Then, she would check if everything was done right, and if she agreed, she would take me. Even if I didnt have my dance class,I still went since I was an assistant so I would just go and help out with whatever classes they needed me to. Then, as i became a little older and they saw how dedicated I was, they asked me if I would like to join a company class. I couldn't be happier, this meant that there would be more long practices since we would be going to competitions. My mother told me that if keep doing well in school, I could join but it was a huge commitment that i made. I enjoyed every second of it!

No comments: