Sunday, February 10, 2008

So Do You Think You Can Dance


Hip Hop is one of my favorite types of dancing ever. I always enjoyed it from the day I stepped a foot in that class. The reason I probably enjoyed it so much was because of my first teacher, Michelle, she was a sweetheart. She made the class so much fun and hip hop is more up beat and I rather that since I am very hyper. In hip hop Michelle would teach us a couple of moves which is called a combination. We would have to learn the combination and do it exactly how our teacher showed us so that we would know how to do it to the music. The teacher would sometimes ask each of us to do the combination by our selves which is called a solo. I loved doing my solo I was always very out going and never shy. I would always ask her if I could be the first to go.



My teacher Michelle Brooke is my role model. She is an all around good person. If it wasn’t for Michelle I would not be a dancer today. She made a huge impact on my life and I miss her a lot. She was the one who told me to never give up so easily and to keep trying. Michelle and I got very close, I then found out she wanted to move to California to pursue her dance career. I was very upset at first but at the same time excited for her and wanted only the best. Michelle was on the television show “So you think you can dance” and also toured with Mariah Carey she did great. Michelle and I still keep in touch till this day. Very soon I will be taking a trip down to California to visit her and take a few dance classes out there I’m very excited.

No comments: