Sunday, February 10, 2008

Danse Gracieuse



In dance there are many different styles and different types of dance classes which they offer. Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop Gymnastics and Modern are a couple of different classes which I took. Ballet is one of the most important classes that anyone should take if they are interested in becoming a good dancer.

Ballet is a very graceful type of dancing. Ballet classes are very intense, the dancers learn to hold their heads held high, their chest broad, the top half of the body firm. The dancer’s waist down is free to perform whatever skills which the teacher requires. In ballet every movement has a specific name so along with learning the motion you learn what the motion is called as well. Ballet is not easy in some dance studio’s the girls are put on strict diets so that they stay slim.
Many people find this type of dancing very boring including me. Although I do not love taking these classes I just remember that ballet is where every great dancer started. In ballet you learn all the techniques to become an amazing dancer. I remember my first ballet class I was very nervous about; I couldn’t remember what any of the motions were called. The next morning I was very sore. The next class was still a bit difficult but I didn’t give up I just tried my best. After a few other classes it got a lot easier like the saying practice makes perfect. I started liking it a little more because I didn’t feel as lost as I use to. Till this day I still take ballet classes along with a few others.

No comments: